« XM / Sirius Merger? Talks have supposedly begun. | Main | XM / SIRIUS Conference Call Mania »

January 26, 2005

Lance Armstrong's New Sirius Show Launches this Sunday Jan. 30

Lance Armstrong's New Sirius Show LaunchesSix-time Tour de France champion Lance Armstrong will debut his new exclusive weekly show on Sirius, Lance Armstrong's Live Strong Radio, with a live broadcast this Sunday, January 30.

The new program can be heard each Sunday at 9 pm ET on SIRIUS' Faction channel 28. Armstrong, whose association with SIRIUS was initially announced in October 2004, and like other Faction hosts, Armstrong will play his own selection of music and talk about what motivates him for professional competition.

January 26, 2005 04:38 PM

Comments

What's up with Sirius and all these sport celebrity talk shows? Do people actually listen to this stuff. I'll stick with Opie and Anthony.

Posted by: Vic at January 26, 2005 05:48 PM

Is it just me or is Sirius kicking a little xm butt?
Well, I know xm has more subs but that won't last long.

Posted by: Monmin at January 26, 2005 05:51 PM

Oh yeah, people DO listen to these shows! I heard the Tony Hawk show and it's great. I also heard that the Bam show is really good too. If you were a fan of Lance then you would be interested to hear this one too.

I don't sub Sirius (I have xm) but I will get Sirius this year sometime. I also like Lord Sear on shade 45.

XM has O&A and Bob Edwards. Bob I don't care about, I subscribed to O&A for awhile but I recently cancelled them. It got really embarrisingly filthy at some points. I happen to think Howards a lot funnier and I honestly think he will be less lewd than these guys (maybe).

Posted by: Monmin at January 26, 2005 06:02 PM

I have to admit, I'm very interested in getting Sirius. I love my XM - the music's great and Opie & Anthony rock, but Sirius has some interesting programming going on.

Monmin - Not sure how long you listened, but I'd have to recommend giving O & A a few days (3 weeks maybe?) to get a sense of them. Then again, no matter what I say to some people, they can't stand them.

It's funny - recent shows haven't really been "filthy" - it's just them sitting around chatting, which is where they excel. To each their own though - I still enjoy Howard now and then, but think O & A are where it's at.

Posted by: Doug at January 26, 2005 09:50 PM

I like these athlete/celebrity talk shows too.

They work very well with the Sunday night time slot and are definately worth having as a face for the company.

Posted by: Charlie at January 26, 2005 09:53 PM

In the spirit of Satellite Radio, I will not edit or remove any comments unless they are purely promotional. The seven forbidden words are completely acceptable, so go nuts. HTML tags can't be used, but you can simply type an URL (include the http://) to create a live link.

Remember Me?