HD Radio ramping up competitive efforts
iBiquity presented yesterday at the Radio Symposium 2007, and appears to be poised for a major push in services and offerings in the near future.
Bear Stearns analyst Robert Peck, in a recent note to clients, listed several key takeaways from the presentation:
- HD Radio is planning on offering features like enhanced PAD data to show sports scores, stock tickers, and even text-ads.
- On-demand radio, including traffic and weather
- Time-shifting capabilities with pause, record and playback functionality
- The ability to purchase music
- Subscription or opt-in services
- There are currently over 1,300 HD Radio stations nationwide, covering 82% of the U.S. population
- iBiquity is expecting 5,700 HD Radio stations by 2011.