Mancow Dumped by Q101/Chicago

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 at 12:17 PM
Tags:

Mancow gets the bootOK, now for a bit of terrestrial news... Q101, the flagship station for morning dolt jock "Mancow" Muller, officially will be dropping Mancow's Morning Madhouse as of July 14th. This after Mancow issued a statement that he's seeking a new home for his syndicated morning show, trying to spin the situation towards his favor.

Q101 is opting to extend their "shuffle" format into mornings, which currently gets broadcast for the remainder of the day.

Come September, Emmis will unveil an "unconventional morning show" with a "broader appeal."

I'll forgo any speculation of him joining up with either XM or SIRIUS, simply for the fact that he's annoying as hell.

[Q101

TrackBack/Ping:

Comments

Wow who saw this coming . . ?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHHAHA...etc

Well, looks like Mancow's Morning Madhouse is on its way to being condemned.

I posted this all over the Yahoo message boards about two months ago. Q101s ratings are in the dumps and they are the only alternative rock station in chicago. Mancow was getting paid 3million/year and his show was losing ratings. I say XM should pick him up for 1million a year and syndicate him to his current stations. Nobody will pay to listen to this guy the only place he has ratings is Iowa.

CBS station? O&A will take his spot?!

Emmis owns 101. Chicago was one of the next markets to supposedly open up for O&A and they've stated they wanted to go head-to-head against Mancow. Now that he's out, there will be no battle there. But, Chicago mornings should be even more attractive now for CBS. They could add O&A with absolutely no competition.

Mancow is much better than Opie and Anthony which makes me think Sirius may be courting him. He said on his show the other day that he has been talking to Howard.

>> CBS station? O&A will take his spot?! >>

I think O&A mentioned something about this on today's show around 10:30 or so - 'Rover' is in the morning slot on the Chicago CBS station, and he's an apparent 'friend' of the show.

So who knows what's going to happen - I can see either O&A going to the afternoon, or Rover 'rolling over' into that slot.

>> Mancow is much better than Opie and Anthony which makes me think Sirius may be courting him >>

I borrow this from 'tresser' in response to that comment:

>>HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHHAHA...etc >>

Q101 was good in the lat 90's. Its now terrible. Like every other Chicago radio station. They try to have a broad appeal and end up satisfying no one. Mancow was a horrible morning host. I'm not surprised to see him go. He lost appeal once I graduated from Jr. High.

>>he said on the showc the other day that he has been talking to howard>>
would that be a big picture he has of him that hes talking to because for the last six months hes been talking shit about stern.

BWAHAHAHAHA! You know, I was having a crappy day until I read this. Couldn't have happened to a better unlistenable bozo.

"Mancow is much better than Opie and Anthony "

Even Stern fans wouldn't agree with you..

Im not a fan of Mancow's radio show but I have a lot of respect for him. He was one of the first radio hosts to call out and battle Hoo Hoo on his radio show. Long before O and A were on he was in a war with Hoo Hoo so I can respect that.

Hey, the chance IS out there for Stern to hire Mancow. We know Stern doesn't hold grudges as long as the person kisses his ass.

Why do you think Mancow was talking about Stern in the first place? He knew he was fucked.

Mancow is much better than Opie and Anthony

Is he?

which makes me think Sirius may be courting him.

Does it?

He said on his show the other day that he has been talking to Howard.

Did he?

Good riddance I say. His former radio station out in San Fran had to fork out three days worth of bridge toll back in the late 90's for his stupid stunt that snarled traffic for the entire day. That's alot of cash all because dipshit had to make a point. (This was during the Clinton Administration when Clinton's getting a haircut stopped all airline traffic at an airport).

>> We know Stern doesn't hold grudges as long as the person kisses his ass. >>

Or that they need a job.

Seems like Stern would be less hypocritical if he passed on hacks like Mancow (or Farrell) simply because they're out of (or soon to be) work.

If you're talented enough, try to get work on your own merit - screw this 'kissing up to Howard' nonsense.

I've never heard Mancow, but he MUST be better than Scott Ferrall.

Definition of kissing up to Howard would be "bubba the love sponge". Once Howard was wanting to recruit for his channels he started playing nice to him after hating Howard for many years.
It was only after O&A wouldn't give him a golden ticket did he start hating O&A and sucking up to Howard so don't say "stop this kissing up to howard"

>> It was only after O&A wouldn't give him a golden ticket did he start hating O&A and sucking up to Howard so don't say "stop this kissing up to howard >>

So the ass kissing only comes at the need for a job - my point was proven.
If Bubba's not good enough to be considered by XM or Sirius on his own merit, there shouldn't be any *need* to suck up to any particular show or personalities. O&A or Stern shouldn't have any say, in reality, over who XM or Sirius hires or fires.

Of course they may be consulted on the matter, but in the end talent speaks for itself. Personally, if I was a Sirius subscriber, I wouldn't WANT Mancow on my service simply because he's making googly eyes at Stern. If he sucks, he sucks.

EDIT: "If Bubba was good enough to be considered by XM or Sirius on his own merit, there shouldn't have been any *need* to suck up to any particular show or personalities."

the stern hes been talking to is mark stern the guy that sends that crap out to the country every morning.oooooh a golden ticket.WOW!!!!.when o&a came back to free fm , whos ass did they kiss.some church guy.

Tommy and Rumble Rule. They should syndicate.

>

He's bullshitting. Howard hates him more than O&A. He'd sooner hire those two bozos than him.

neither mancow, o and a or hoo hoo can fucking touch Ron Bennington on the air so who give s a fuck

How did this turn into the king vs ovary and anal? We all hate mantits, end of story. Like stern said, i'll skull fuck his dad.

UsedtoliveinSanFran said:

"Good riddance I say. His former radio station out in San Fran had to fork out three days worth of bridge toll back in the late 90's for his stupid stunt that snarled traffic for the entire day. That's alot of cash all because dipshit had to make a point. (This was during the Clinton Administration when Clinton's getting a haircut stopped all airline traffic at an airport)."

Only one problem with this story about Clinton tying up the airport while he got a haircut: It Didn't Happen.

Yes, I know a LOT of people, including Mancow, believe it, but it's basically an urband legend. I'm not a big fan of Bill Clinton's, but truth is truth and this story ain't true.

Here's a website that sums up the TRUTH pretty well:
http://politus.blogspot.com/2004/04/debunked-clintons-haircut-at-lax.html

As for Mancow claiming that he's talked to Stern about a job, well, maybe he did, but that doesn't mean that Stern OFFERED him a job.

Mancow has claimed a LOT of things, including that he is the only white member of a black church (which, as far as I know, he refused to name).

Oh, question: does anyone know if this cancellation by his Chicago stations affects the rest of his syndication deal? Last I heard, he was on the Boise station where I did morning drive a few years ago. I'm just curious to find out if he's been canned at ALL his stations.

>> WOW!!!!.when o&a came back to free fm , whos ass did they kiss.some church guy. >>

That would be Bill Donohue.

Big difference - that was called 'making amends'; they weren't looking for jobs in the Catholic League. :-P

>> How did this turn into the king vs ovary and anal? >>

The cleverness in regards to cutesy names for O&A is simply overwhelming. I really had to sit down and collect myself because I was laughing too hard.

At least we get to listen to 'Ovary & Anal' in August. The 'King' will be overseeing the construction of his 'palace'...

;-)

i am sorry to all o&a fans out there. i am sorry that your b b boys are boring and unfunny and that it took stern to go to sirius for your guys to beat him.i am sorry that he takes so much time off for you to be so effected.because your b b boys puts in a 40 minute an hour 3 hr. broadcast those mean people at XM and CBS radio have no shame and wont give those guys time off. damn you XM damn you cbs radio. those people over at the o&a show deserve better.give them time off please.thank you!

Hey sternfan, here's a link regarding your post:

http://tinyurl.com/bhb3e

Mancow said on TV once that Howard has "disappeared on satellite radio" or some such remark.

Why would Mancow then want to join satellite? He hates Stern, I don't think he really talked to him.

When it comes to a job he would take back something he said about O&A or Stern just to have a job at the end of the day. O&A "won't allow it" so neither would Elo.

">> WOW!!!!.when o&a came back to free fm , whos ass did they kiss.some church guy. >>"
OMG I want to donkey punch whoever was this stupid to say this..

oh come on thats funny. just trying to help a brotha out.

6 shows in a row. Thats the number of shows including Tuesdays that they have at one point in time talked about Howard. For all of you that say O&A dont talk about Howard everyday. They are 2 shows away from 100 shows this year when Howard has been spoke of.

who cares,
i agree that ron and fez are far more talented,comparing o&a and coward stern is like arguing who's shit has more corn in it.

"WOW!!!!.when o&a came back to free fm , whos ass did they kiss.some church guy. "

They attempted to rip him apart months earlier but he had already apologized for what he did.

I expect an announcement soon that Mancow will be on Howard 101. Ugh

>> 6 shows in a row. Thats the number of shows including Tuesdays that they have at one point in time talked about Howard. For all of you that say O&A dont talk about Howard everyday. They are 2 shows away from 100 shows this year when Howard has been spoke of. >>

And you know this how?

Guess that's 2 shows away from 100 this year that you've listened, eh? Meanwhile, I'm zero shows away from *ZERO* in which I've known what the hell Howard has talked about on HIS show..

;-)

6 shows in a row. Thats the number of shows including Tuesdays that they have at one point in time talked about Howard. For all of you that say O&A dont talk about Howard everyday. They are 2 shows away from 100 shows this year when Howard has been spoke of.

Yeah, but it wasn't the entire show. What you ZOMBIES leave out is these very big details just so you can make your guy seem better. In those "6 days", they talked about him maybe 40 minutes, and they were responding to his lies. They're allowed to do that. He's not this big god you paint him to be. "Oh, you cannot talk about the almighty." HE'S A FUCKING RADIO GUY! He shit on them, and they can hold a grudge. If you ZOMBIES would listen for more than 5 minutes, you would realize that Howard's show and O&A's show are completely different in flow, content, and sense of humor. "Dude, they're ripping Howard off in EVERYTHING they do." Why, because they're talking into a microphone? DIE!

woah dude calm down.your right.howard is everything you say.every thing that comes out of his mouth is lies.lies lies lies!!!.now opie and anthony they dont lie to their fans. there honest.like the time they said that they did the mayor prank just to get out of their contract.never say why howard put the gag order on them.say shit about howard every morning thats not true.so your right they never lie. howard does.and call me an idiot more.i dont care.you know i'm right.

They do swing from his nuts often. If they didn't, they wouldn't talk about him so much. The amount of times O&A was mentioned on stern since since about 2 weeks after they moved back to shitball radio? Zero.

Thats just the facts. I guess its their style to keep talking about him. Different strokes....

>> never say why howard put the gag order on them. >>

Quote from the Hannity interview:

"When Stern was asked by a caller about the gag order, he confirmed it by admitting, "That's right. I believe in censoring anyone who is my enemy." He also added, ***"I believe in censorship when it benefits me."***

I put some stars around the key part of that quote, just so you'd remember exactly why the gag order went down in the first place. Does it matter that O&A were talking about Howard? Does it matter *why*? Does it matter how often they do it?

Point is they can and they should be able to without hypocrite radio hosts running to the bosses & crying about it.

Enjoy 'Repeat Radio' in AHHHHGust.

;-)


>> The amount of times O&A was mentioned on stern since since about 2 weeks after they moved back to shitball radio? Zero. >>

The last time Howard was talked about on O&A was because the NY Post ran a story about Stern's mansion on the Hamptons and all the new socialite-schmoozing he's been doing.

Fair game, sorry. Price of fame, I suppose.

I love how "only 40 minutes" doesn't qualify as being on Howard's dick. I don't think Howard has spent 40 minutes total talking about O&A. He mentions ManCow 10 times more than he mentions O&A. Oh. I know. It's because Howard is "afraid" to mention them because the "army" is going to get him...

>> Oh. I know. It's because Howard is "afraid" to mention them because the "army" is going to get him... >>

Then why mention Mancow more than O&A? Why bother?

Why not take on your most powerful competitor instead of picking on the nobodies who can't get ratings? No Stern fan can seem to answer this question with any impartiality or intelligence. It's always the same answer: 'they're not worth mentioning'.

Yeah, keep telling yourself that.

say shit about howard every morning
Not all the mornings I listen, which is quite often. Perhaps I missed these mornings. They don't talk about him EVERY FUCKING DAY, like you want them to. Quit lying. You say you don't listen, yet you claim to know what they are all about. Stop acting like listening to 20 minutes makes you an instant expert.

never did answer my question . you gave me sterns quote but nothing comming from them.there so good so popular so fantastic i dont know why i dont listen to them since they work 7 days a week 365 days a year.hows their weekend show. is it as good as the weekday show.good thing they dont have asskissers over on 202. ron and fez showed up on their own they must be rolling in golden tickets.i'm going to enjoy those replays at the end of august. because 4 minutes of comericals and total uncut radio.my radio host can lie better than your radio host.niener niener.niener.

>>> never did answer my question . you gave me sterns quote but nothing comming from them.there so good so popular so fantastic i dont know why i dont listen to them since they work 7 days a week 365 days a year.hows their weekend show. is it as good as the weekday show.good thing they dont have asskissers over on 202. ron and fez showed up on their own they must be rolling in golden tickets.i'm going to enjoy those replays at the end of august. because 4 minutes of comericals and total uncut radio.my radio host can lie better than your radio host.niener niener.niener. >>>

Maybe I didn't answer your question because I'm having trouble understanding your rambling, run-on posts... Holy crap, the Enter key is your friend!

O&A poked a little fun at Stern on the afternoon show at WNEW, Howie got wind of it and the rest is history.

What are you looking for specifically, exact quotes from Opie & Anthony on what happened? Well gee, ya might as well tune in on given day - apparently they talk about Howard 'every morning'...

Or do a Google search on 'opie anthony gag order' there's been numerous newspaper & magazine interviews on the subject, as well as most of the backstory being told on air a few times here & there...

:-P

pete howard taking a ribing is one thing saying his daughter o.d. is another.maybe i've said too much.my enter key just left me.

Mancow did not say " i talked to Howard",he said "Howard's peeople talked to me"

I just got on here cause I was wondering why Mancow got fired. Then I had to go through all these gay forums. Don't you guys have anything better to do with your lives than argue about which stupid radio guy is better; the jewish perv with thr fro, or the ignorant immature cow or the other weirdos? Get a life...read a book you might learn something. Seriously.

Mancow is awesome.

I've listend to Mancow all through my jr. high and high school days. Since I got Sirius for Christmas, Howard has been my choice. The difference between Mancow and Howard, IMO, is that Mancow is way too fast and Howard is more calm and more of a conversation type of pace. I like Howard a lot more because of this. As for O&A, I can't say much because I have heard them at all nor do I care to even try. But the thing about them being on regular radio again is stupid. Imagine watching the Sopranos for the first half on HBO and the second half on ABC. BIG DIFFERENCE.

I have listened to HS for 20 years and I can honestly say I have never heard of Opie and Anthony, except for a new article about the some shurch instance. What station are they on in Philadelphia, so I can compare.

I also heard that O&A asked new XM subsribers to pay an additional dollar for a subscription initially and they only recevied 40,000 people who were willing to pay an additional $1. - ouch. Whether you like O&A or not - it is a fact that they must not have that big of a draw.

who the fuck is o & a? oral and anal, is that what they give each other after their shitty ass show, i never heard of them until they mentiond Howard only to credit him for all their stloen bits. These two cocksuckers will die the same as they are now broke and unknown. HOWARD STERN IS KING OF ALL MEDIA FUCK THE REST!!

Mancow is garbage. Hope he ends up homeless. Mancow licks the sweat off a dead man's balls. Stern Rules.

Mancow is a pathetic Howard Stern wanna-be.

Facts are facts...when Stern was on in Chicago, he bitch slapped Mancow in the ratings, Mancow always claims the opposite, but all you have to do is dig up the arbitron ratings and they are thier in black and white. I love how no one who interviews Mancow, ever takes the time to dig up the ratings and show then to him, whenever he claims he beat Howard. Stern kicked his ass, and has been kicking the asses of no-talents like Mancow, Imus and Opie and Anthony for years...it's sad that these douche bags can't admit they are the bitches of Howard Stern...and always will be.

PS. If Mancow is such a power house in Chicago...why did he get fired, no one believes anything this wuss says, he is a has-been, never-was.

Been listening to Mancow for years, has kept my morning alive, will miss you and always will be a miltia member:

Howard Stern:
Sucks more than any other radio host I've ever heard. EVERY single show involves a guest that gets hit with sexual-related questions, naked women wanting an opinion, or strippers performing lame contests. How does anyone find this show enjoyable after the first few times they hear it? Everyday is almost exactly like the day before. Not to mention that his entire show is scripted. What a loser.

ManCow:
Hilarious. Hard to understand the show at first because of its structure and fast paced nature. However, the show is full of variety and never the same. His shows crew is unmatched in any other radio show, and they are actually funny. None of them need people to write out exactly what they're going to say and when they are going to say it for an entire show.

There is no comparison.

Looks like Mancow is coming to our town in the near future...

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/tv/2006/10/mancow-talk-coming-to-965-fm.asp

...Someone took a chance on him. Not sure if he is working in town or if we will be getting the feed.

mancow really sucks.
the guy is annoying and he sounds like he just drank 10 cups of coffee. I stopped listening to him a long time ago.
he's not funny and does come accross as a Stern clone.
he's forcing too much whereas Stern flows naturally if u know what i mean.

Mancow and Stern are both pathetic! they talk about stupid shit that only a moron would care about. At least Mancow talked about some real issues. But his way of thinking is a bit obnoxious! An dont even get me started on that idiot Leykis!!! I just stick to AM or cds.

Great, now how am I going to stay alert and awake on my way to work in the morning without Mancow to argue with??? It also helped me vent some of my anger cause I could argue and disagree with him and no one would argue or disagree back at me.

Now a year has passed and he's still on everyone that posted something here about him being out of work is a fuggin idiot. Yes all of you. You're all dumb.

Post a comment

(or continue the conversation in the Orbitcast Forums)


Recent Entries

From the Forums...
Search Orbitcast:

Recent Readers
Latest Poll
Technology & Media Blogs
These are blogs that relate to technology, media or other specific industries, but not soley on satrad.
Sponsored Links





Copyright © 2008 Orbitcast Media, LLC.