Sirius Stiletto: Rumored Bits & Pieces
The clock is ticking as people are anxiously awaiting some word about the Sirius Stiletto. David Frear, Sirius Satellite Radio CFO, said at the CIBC Conference back in May that details regarding the upcoming Sirius live-wearable device will be released in the "next several weeks." Separately it was supposedly told to analysts (privately) that the device would be released in June - we're in the second half of July now and still no word.
What's this mean? Well, since there's nothing concrete to go on, it only leaves room for rumors and speculation of course!
So to help feed the fire, below are some pieces of chatter that have been picked up:
- The device will not be a full-time live wearable receiver. Instead, it will come with the option to plug in an antenna/power module to enable on-the-go listening. Hence the connector at the TOP of the unit seen in Mel's hand.
- The device is not designed by Ziba (the agency that designed the Sirius S50).
- The Sirius Stiletto SL100-TK1 has been pushed back to September/Fall as Sirius awaits more color on RIAA-related issues with XM on both the legislature/lawsuit front.
- The final device will be black (as opposed to the unit we saw Mel waiving around) and will look like a "wider S50."
- There will be two devices: the first will be the Zing player which is pretty much an S50 with added Wi-Fi abilities. The second will be the Stiletto with a Live option.
So... there you have it. As usual with any anticipated device, people are whispering that "all will be told at the August conference call." We shall soon see.